Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Awful Truth - my favorite dialogue


Jerry: In half an hour , we'll no longer be Mr. and Mrs. Funny, isn't it?
Lucy: Yes, its's funny that everything is the way it is, on account of how you feel.
Jerry: Huh?
Lucy: I mean, if you didn't feel how you do, things wouldn't be as they are, would they? What I mean, things would be the same if things were different.
Jerry: But things are the way you made them.
Lucy: Oh, no. Things are the way you think I made them. I didn't make them that way at all. Things are just the same as they always were...only you are the same as you were, too...So, I guess things will never be the same again. Ah,...night.


Jerry: Good night....
Lucy: You are all confused, aren't you?


No, not after I wrote it down and typed it out! 

1 comment:

  1. One of the great exchanges/dialogues in film history...

    ReplyDelete